Education tax dollars belong closer to Montana classrooms–not in the hands of D.C. bureaucrats.
This week, I introduced my “APLUS Act” to to give local leaders and Montana parents more say over how their tax dollars are spent on education.
Montana parents and teachers know what Montana students need best.
Congress should empower state and local leaders to have more of a say in the classroom and allow Montanans to better utilize their tax dollars spent on education.
I also recently introduced a Senate resolution marking January 22 through 28, 2023 as “National School Choice Week” to highlight the importance of providing Montana parents and families more flexibility and choice in educating their children.
As your voice in the United States Senate, I’ll keep up the fight to ensure Montana parents have a voice in the education of their children.
Senator Steve Daines
“Here are some vital issues for which every school needs prayer:
- Protection from evil: Pray Psalm 91 over the school and ask the Lord to station His angels all around. Ask God for protection not only from shootings and violence but also from bullying, drugs, gangs, and evil spirits that come to steal, kill, and destroy (see John 10:10);
- Overcoming hopelessness: Declare, in Jesus’ name, that all thoughts of suicide, depression, hopelessness, and despair are broken off (see Jer. 29:11). Pray with expectation and confidence that students will experience salvation and the joy that comes from knowing Him;
- Prospering in school: Ask the Lord to place each student with the teachers and classrooms where that particular student will prosper. Ask Him to send godly influences to the young people to encourage them in their studies and their walk with Jesus Christ;
- Contending for purpose and destiny: Ask God to raise up young people with godly purpose and destiny to contend for righteousness and justice at their schools (Amos 5:24) because our schools are gates of cultural influence in our nation. Ask Him to raise up those who, like David, will fulfill the purpose of God in their generation.”
“There may be principals, teachers, and students in your community who feel there is no hope. But we know the answer that can result when the Church comes together and seeks God for His blessing and transformation in our schools. We just need to take the initiative.”
|WHAT ARE YOUR KIDS BEING EXPOSED TO?? |
“They claim that a book showing graphic images of two men having oral sex does not constitute pornography because it is only 2% of the total content of the book and because the two men depicted are consenting adults”
|Concerned Parents: |
With the summer season winding down, getting involved in your child’s education is important as the new school year approaches. We must be in charge of what they are taught and ensure they learn the values that make our country great. While great strides have been made, and states have passed legislation to ban critical race theory, many schools are still teaching radical ideology. There are various avenues of engagement regarding your children’s education and making sure classrooms are not political activism hubs. The America First avenues for taking back our children’s education from unions and bureaucrats are:
1. Engaging with local school boards and meeting its members
2. Requesting access to curriculum plans and materials
3. Visiting your child’s school and requesting to observe classroom instruction
4. Attending Parent/Teacher organization meetings
5. Requesting to participate in selecting and approving academic standards You have the power to ensure quality education for your children using these methods. By meeting school board members, you can figure out if they want political ideology in classrooms or not. If they do, vote them out. If radical policies are being taught, participate in school board meetings and get the standards changed.
It is time to fight and take back our children’s classrooms! 📚 America First, Always! Ashley HayekExecutive DirectorAmerica First Works P.S. For more information on the avenues, please read the America First Policy Institute toolkits on Advocating for Quality Curriculum and Protecting your Taxpayer Dollars in the Classroom.
|Want to learn more about America First Works? Click here for more information.|